Each Event is a series of races (any number) sailed before the "submitted" date. Your fleet must be notified of which races comprise the series before the start of the first race of each Event.
- Event 1 results must be submitted by 1 December 2020
- Event 2 results must be submitted by 1 March 2021
- Event 3 results must be submitted by 1 June 2021
Results of each Event should be emailed to Melbfleet.firstname.lastname@example.org by the due date, using the worksheets provided
We have built an algorithm to level the playing field by awarding points reflecting not only your scratch result but also taking into account the number of professionals on board, youth teams, and the quality of the fleet. Your results at a fleet level will be compared and aligned with results from other fleets and this will lead to a National Leagues Ranking.
- It is not necessary to sail with the same number of crew for each race in an event.
- Crew substitutions (including skipper substitutions) are fine.
- There will be no weigh-ins.
- You will be asked for the number of professionals on the boat, averaged over the number of races. There is no need to check World Sailing classifications, but if in doubt about who is a professional vs Corinthian (non-professinal), use the World sailing definition as a guide.
Where the number of professional varies across races, take a average to 2 decimal places, rounded up. An example is below.
Example: For your fleet Event 1 consists of three races. Boat "Keeners" sailed two of the races with 2 professionals and 1 race with 1 professional. The number of professionals for Boat "Keeners" is (2+2+1)/3 = 1.67
if you have a four up crew with three professionals that will be scored the same as a four up crew with four professionals
- If results are submitted without nominating the number of professionals onboard for a given boat, the number of professionals is deemed to be 3.
- A Youth crew (all crew under the age of 35 as at 1 Jan 2021) is automatically deemed non-professional. A boat is deemed to be a "Youth Crew" if any race for the event was sailed with a Youth crew and a Youth skipper has helmed for all the races in the event.
- If all races for your Event are abandoned, then you have the right to nominate alternative race(s) to enable you to complete the event.
- If you neglect to submit your results for an Event by the due date, we reserve the right to publish your results as "did not compete".